Fat Steve's Blatherings

Friday, September 24, 2004

Haloscan: Recommended, With One Minor Criticism

      When I wanted to install Trackback on this site, I found out that blogger didn't support it.  But, they recommended I use Haloscan's service. 

      To make a short story a bit longer, I went over to Haloscan, created an account, logged in, and followed instructions.  Everything was clear except one thing: when they said
"Step One

"Copy and paste the following code anywhere between your <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags in your page."
      They should have said:
'Go to the blogger dashboard, (http://www.blogger.com/home), click change settings, and click the "Template" tab.Copy and paste the following code anywhere between your <HEAD> and </HEAD> tags in your TEMPLATE page."
  Fortunately, I guessed what they meant and found it myself.

      Once the instructions were followed, I clicked on the link to send a link, clicked on the "How to send a ping" link, followed instructions, and LO!  It worked.

      Bravo, Haloscan!  Nice to have people do things pretty much right.  Make the instructions a little more idiot proof, and you will have achieved Nerdvana.

THE SAUDS MUST BE DESTROYED!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home