Fat Steve's Blatherings

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Personal, Dec. 30th

      Yesterday was K.'s day off, and we went to a theatre in Coon Rapids to see The Phantom of the Opera.  Recommended.  The leads were perhaps not quite as good as the ones who played in the stage production we saw this year, with Rebecca Pitcher as "Christine" and Ted Keegan as "the Phantom," but I'm not complaining.  Really, the cast is good and the visuals are spectacular.  I've got the original Broadway cast CD, and I expect I'll be buying the movie DVD when it appears.

      Afterwards, went to "The Vineyard," a restaurant north of the theatre which we'd never been to.  A bit expensive, but the food was good.

      Today, we'll go see Fat Albert.  Tomorrow K. has to work.  May go to the local Minneapolis Scientifiction Society New Year's Eve Party on my own.

      Nothing much else going on in my life at the moment.  Considering that I'm going into the hospital for surgery on Jan. 18th (stomach stapling, and boy do I need it), the quest for work is on hold.

THE SAUDS MUST BE DESTROYED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home