Fat Steve's Blatherings

Monday, January 17, 2005

Personal: It's "Stick close to the toilet" day

      In a few hours, my wife will come home from work, and we'll go out for a last humongously overeating breakfast.  Then, around 4:00PM CST, I'll start drinking a gallon of laxative.  As the evening progresses, I'll also swallow anti-biotics and possibly shower with antiseptic soap (although I may wait for tommorow for that; have to check the instructions).

      Tomorrow, at 10:00 AM, I'll report to Fairview University Hospital near the University of Minnesota Minneapolis campus.  Two hours later, they'll be slicing me open and doing a Vertical Banded Gastroplasty, aka "stomach stapling."

      My mood is a mixture of eager anticipation and fear.  That last surprises me, as I've been under the knife five times before (I used to ride a motorcycle).  Don't know why I'm nervous about this one, but I am.

      So, all of today's posts will be my last for a week or so.  If you live in the Twin Cities, I'd welcome visits while I'm getting well enough to leave the hospital.

      Here's hoping you don't let your health problems get as out of control as mine.

THE SAUDS MUST BE DESTROYED!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home