Fat Steve's Blatherings

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

This is Scary as Hell

      You may have posted your tax return to the Interntet.

      I repeat, you may have posted your tax return on the Internet.

      One more time: you may have posted your tax return on the Internet.

      Are you scared now?  Good.  I am.

      Lots of people are using Peer-to-Peer file sharing programs to swap music files.  When you download these programs, they make lots of others peoples music files accessible to you -- and unless you are careful, those P2P programs make most of your own files accessible to others.  Files like your credit cards, your tax returns, your bank and CC PINs -- the list goes on.

      Go to See What You Share, for details of what you have made available to the world.

      I'll close with a quote, posted on March 6th of this year:
In the past month, I have personally called three different individuals where it was obvious they were unknowingly sharing information, including one that was overseas. All three responded with, thank you very, very much…… Someone has been using my credit cards and the bank's fraud detection system picked up on it; now I know how they got my info!


THE HOUSE OF SAUD MUST BE DESTROYED -- AND WILL BE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home