Fat Steve's Blatherings

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A Man of Principle

      Sometimes, I understand why the Left gets so angry at alleged right-wing hypocrisy.

      A lot has been said about the judicial filibuster issue, and I have nothing to add to those questions.  I can see arguments on both sides, though in the end I come down on forcing the issue and making the Democrats give every nominee an up-or-down vote (or, alternatively, get every Democrat to say that if they ever recapture control of the Senate and White House, the Republicans may legally and morally filibuster any Democratic judicial nominee for any reason at all; and if that happens, any Democratic Senator who protests should be voted out of the Senate, and ANY Republican challenger voted for, the next time the Senator goes up for re-election).  Still, I could make a principled defense of the filibuster.

      But Glenn Reynolds take on the issue is: 'Constitution, schmonstitution, who cares about principles, the only thing that matters is, will anyone I like get blocked?'

      Feh, indeed.

THE HOUSE OF SAUD MUST BE DESTROYED -- AND WILL BE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home