Fat Steve's Blatherings

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Beyond Belief, Yet I Believe It

Summary:

      If someone kidnaps you, and you survive, don't use bad language to describe the kidnappers.  It's insensitive and shocking on your part.

At Length:

      Via Tim Blair, a story from Australia.  Douglas Wood was kidnapped, and his captors:
kicked him in the head, kept him blindfolded and bound for 47 days, shaved him bald, killed two of his colleagues, made him beg for his life, and -- says a fellow hostage from Sweden -- shot several other prisoners in front of him.

      Wood's reaction was to call his captors "arseholes" at a press conference.  This led the editor of The Age, an Australian newspaper, to say:
      I was, I have to say, shocked by Douglas Wood's use of the a---hole word, if I can put it like that, which I just thought was coarse and very ill-thought through and I think demeans the man and is one of the reasons why people are slightly sceptical of his motives and everything else.

      The issue really is largely, speaking as I understand it, he was treated well there. He says he was fed every day, and as such to turn around and use that kind of language I think is just insensitive.

      Absolutely Bonkers.

THE HOUSE OF SAUD MUST BE DESTROYED -- AND WILL BE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home